The goal of the Tarrant County Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) Housing Navigator program is to identify and promote an adequate supply of safe, affordable, accessible and integrated housing to meet the needs of older adults and persons with disabilities in the North Texas region.
Through a Housing Navigator grant provided as part of the Promoting Independence Initiative through the Texas Health and Human Services Commission, Tarrant County ADRC provides more housing options for people to choose where they want to live.
Role of the Housing Navigator:
- To advocate for necessary changes in housing policies, practices and procedures
- To help expand housing opportunities or support of the “Promoting Independence Initiative and Money Follow the Person” program.
- Provide developers letters of non-profit support for their low-income tax credit state applications
- Respond to housing policies at local levels (through Consolidated Plan, Housing Authority Plans, Community Development Block Grant and Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Program).
- Establish relationships with independent rental owners and property managers to increase availability of properties.
- Engage and support housing developers to bring additional housing stock into the area through state and local housing programs (section 811 for disabilities, Amy Young Barrier removal program among others)
- The housing navigator can also provide information on application processes, fees, contacts and phone numbers of apartment complexes to call for more information.
Housing Inventory Lists:
A Housing Navigator prepares an Inventory List of accessible, integrated and affordable housing resources within the immediate Tarrant County region. This list provides addresses, information on apartments, accessible unit availability and wait list information in addition to identification of properties that accept rental subsidies and housing vouchers. Housing listings are generally updated twice a year.
HUD RESOURCE LOCATOR CLICK HERE
Senior Housing Inventory CLICK HERE
ALL BILLS PAID: MAY INCLUDE ONE OR ALL OF THE BILLS IN THE AMOUNT OF THE RENT – CLICK HERE FOR ALL BILLS PAID HOUSING LIST
AFFORDABLE PROPERTIES: BASIC LOWER INCOME PROPERTY LISTINGS – CLICK HERE FOR AFFORDABLE HOUSING LIST
HELPFUL HOUSING TIPS: CLICK HERE FOR HELPFUL HOUSING TIPS
For Property Managers, Developers, and Housing Professionals
ADRC Housing Navigation is interested in partnering with housing professionals, property developers and property managers in apartment complexes. The housing navigator can provide non-profit support assistance for your needs.
The Housing navigator is also seeking more landlords to develop connections with and properties to visit. If you are interested, please email the Housing Navigator to set up a site visit and in person meeting.
For more information, or to request copies of the ADRC Housing Listings, please find the below contact information:
KELLEY KAISER, MSSW-LBSW